Today’s theatre of war is a dynamic, asymmetric battlespace, with forces on the ground often involved in simultaneous operations and with an increased emphasis on urban warfare. The Personal Role Radio (PRR) significantly enhances combat effectiveness by providing all informed communications to front line soldiers; replacing traditional methods based on hand signals and shouting.
Users on active service have described the introduction of PRR as having a profound effect on the operational effectiveness of infantry. The PRR uses advanced 2.4 GHz spread spectrum technology innovatively packaged to meet the demanding needs of the soldier. The PRR system is easy to use through its simple man machine interface, is unobtrusive and comfortable to wear yet is rugged enough to sustain the harshest environments presented by active front line operations.
The modularity of the PRR design leads to flexibility and its use in many scenarios. It includes a unique wireless Press To Talk (PTT) that enables the user to operate the radio without removing his hands from his weapon. It has an interchangeable switch pack that allows configuration to different roles e.g., interface to a commanders radio, and audio ancillaries that can be tailored to suit user’s needs.
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Simple to use
- Compact and lightweight design
- 50mW transmit power using Direct Sequence
- Spread Spectrum Modulation at 2.4 GHz
- Typical operating range is 500m in open terrain, and through three floors of a building
- Wireless Press to Talk with up to 2m range
- 256 channels, 16 available directly to the user
- Operates from 2 x AA batteries for greater than 24 hours (1:7:16 Tx/Rx/Standby)
- Operates independently of any infrastructure
- NBC compatible
- Interface for Combat Radio