Moog Protokraft Mercury series Ethernet fibre optic media converters consist of optoelectronic single or dual transmitter and receiver functions integrated along with the 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX or 1000Base-T electrical to 1000Base-SX optical media conversion circuitry into an externally mounted MIL-DTL-38999 connector assembly.
The optical transmitters are high output 1310 nm LEDs or 850 nm VCSELs. The optical receivers consist of InGaAs or GaAs PIN and preamplifier assemblies and limiting post-amplifiers.
The electrical interface to the Mercury series bulkhead optical media converters is a MIL-DTL-38999 connector enabling interconnection to an internal backplane or external backbone cable interface.
- Fast or Gigabit Ethernet switches and peripherals
- Network switch / router rack-to-rack links
- Storage or computation clusters
- Deployable networks
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Compliant with IEEE-802.3:2005 Fast or Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical fibre link distances up to 2 km @ Fast Ethernet and 550 m @Gigabit Ethernet
- Operating temperature range from – 40°C to + 85°C
- Shock, vibration and immersion resistant per MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-1344
- Olive drab cadmium plating meets stringent EMI / RFI performance specifications
- Aluminium chassis and D38999 housings are strong, durable, corrosion resistant and lightweight
- MIL-T-29504 compliant optical fibre connector interface
- D38999 electrical interfaces provide robust interconnection to vehicle wiring
- 28 VDC (16-36 VDC) power supply
- Qualified to DO160G and MIL-STD-461F
- Up to four Ethernet media converters in one small lightweight but rugged enclosure
- Sealed against liquid and solid contaminants
- Shock and vibration resistant