Moog Protokraft Saturn series fibre optic Ethernet media converters consist of optoelectronic transmitter and receiver functions integrated along with the 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX or 1000Base-T Ethernet electrical to 1000Base-LX or 1000Base-SX Ethernet optical media conversion circuitry into an environmentally sealed unit.
The optical interface to the Saturn series optical media converters is an LC-Field® connector enabling interconnection to pre-terminated LC based optical fibre cable assemblies. The electrical interface to the Saturn series optical media converters is an RJ-Field® connector enabling interconnection to pre-terminated RJ-45 Cat-5 patch cable assemblies.
Saturn series Fast or Gigabit Ethernet media converters enable high speed network communications over long distances in harsh environments.
- Fast and Gigabit Ethernet switches and peripherals
- Telecom and datacom switch / router rack-to-rack links
- Storage or computation clusters
REQUEST A QUOTE
- Compliant with IEEE-802.3μ Fast and Gigabit Ethernet
- Optical fibre link distances up to 20 km
- Maximum optical channel bit error rate less than 2.5 x 10-10
- Operating temperature range from – 40°C to + 85°C
- Shock, vibration and ESD resistant per IEC 60068
- Compact size and lightweight for simple mounting and installation
- Olive drab cadmium or nickel plating meets stringent EMI / RFI performance specifications
- Aluminium alloy case and connectors are strong, durable, corrosion resistant and lightweight
- LC-Field® compliant optical fibre connector interface
- RJ-Field® electrical interface provides robust interconnection to vehicle wiring
- Sealed against liquid and solid contaminants
- 28 VDC power supply