It wasn’t that long ago when we last assembled in Brisbane for Land Forces 2014. This year saw us gather at the Adelaide Convention Centre for Land Forces 2016.
Eylex was extremely well represented again this year with representatives from AR Modular, Bren-Tronics, Comrod, Digital Barriers, Esterline Racal Acoustics, Esterline Singapore, Moog Protokraft, Leonardo (formerly Selex ES), UEC Electronics and Ultralife to assist on the stand.
Our stand was configured into 3 defined areas, designed to highlight our capabilities and product solutions in the fields of: Command Post (CP), Vehicle Mount and Dismounted roles. These fields align with a number of the key projects we are currently working.
You’ll see in the photos that this year we erected a Tripod Mast and CP tent, covered in camouflage mesh and with tables set up inside displaying Eylex product typical of CP requirements.
It’s always good seeing plenty of familiar customer faces, but also pleasing to see a number of new faces visiting the stand and wanting to talk about their needs.
We met with operators from Signal Units, product Fleet Managers, Technical Advisors, Capability & Research staff, and most importantly quite a number of personnel from key Project Offices also visited. Many new contacts were made and we are working on some promising leads, including a few qualified prospects from NZDF.
In a recent statement, the organisers of Land Forces cited:
- The three-day event was hailed a great success, attracting a combined attendance totalling more than 13,450 people.
- Land Forces had 501 participating exhibitor companies from 23 countries showing their products, services and technologies.
- The event was attended by 34 international delegations at senior military, industry and scientific level, from 18 nations.
- Sixteen of the world’s armies were represented by their Chief of Army or Senior Military Commander.
- 40 government departments and agencies, from Australia and abroad visited the exhibition.
Alan Moogan, our Service Manager also attended this year. Alan has a naval background and has previously worked for Thales. His visit to Land Forces allowed him the opportunity to catch up and network with many old contacts who work in our space. We also had our Sales & Marketing Administrator, Alison Bywater (Ali); join us on the stand for the day, a great chance for her to gain face to face relationships with our suppliers and customers.
Thank you again to everyone who attended and provided demonstration equipment for the show. We know that for many of you it’s a pretty long haul down to Australia, but your support is appreciated and you helped make our show the success it was.